LA Audubon and Pasadena AS early meeting announcement October 16, 2013

  • Mary & Nick Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2013
      Hi Birders

      Los Angeles Audubon Society and Pasadena Audubon Society are sending out an early reminder to all birders, welcoming them to our joint October monthly meeting. We are combining our monthly meetings to accommodate a special guest speaker, who will also be conducting a workshop (see below). LAAS is moving their monthly meeting date to Wednesday, October 16, 2013, and the meeting site will be Eaton Canyon Nature Center in Pasadena, CA. Want to learn more about warbler ID, especially those fall plumages? Read on!

      Tom Stephenson presents: "The Overlooked ID Points that Make Identifying Warblers Easier"

      Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle have recently finished penning "The Warbler Guide", which is just now being released. Tom will speak at the monthly meeting of this new and exciting Princeton Press publication. It's filled with many photos and methods on warbler identification. Their new book is receiving high praise, and Tom will be coming to the west coast from Brooklyn, New York to talk about the book and warbler ID pointers. Tom is a great speaker, photographer, and birder and this evening promises to be enjoyable! All welcome, no charge.

      On Saturday October 19, 2013, Tom will conduct: "Identifying and Learning Warbler Vocalizations" workshop. The fee for the workshop is $20. To reserve your spot, mail your check or money order to: Los Angeles Audubon´┐ŻWorkshop, Attn: Susan Castor, PO Box 411301, Los Angeles CA 90041, payable to Los Angeles Audubon Society. Los Angeles Audubon Society will have Tom's book for sale at both events.

      For more information, please see: http://losangelesaudubon.org/

      Good Birding!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      Los Angeles Audubon Society Programs Chair and Fiedltrip Leader