Giant Sequoia National Monument Owling Trip

  • Bob Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 7:36 AM
      4 of July Long Weekend Giant Sequoia National Monument, Tulare County
      Owling Trip

      A great trip for owl lovers, life listers, year listers, county
      listers, and montane birding lovers. Get out of early July lowland
      heat and go birding where temperatures are pleasant each day. Daytime
      birding is great, too (e.g.: Quaking Aspen Meadow part of the
      Southern Sierra Meadows Important Bird Area plus other IBA meadows in
      the Giant Sequoia National Monument). Three to four trip spots left.
      $100.00 includes three nights lodging. Such a deal! Sponsored by Los
      Angeles Audubon Society. Read on!

      "Leaders:Mary and Nick Freeman. Ponderosa is above Porterville in the
      southwest Sierra Nevada of Tulare County. Owling by night, bird walks
      by day! Must be a night owl. We usually see (yes, see) Flammulated,
      Saw-whet, and Spotted owls. Days wandering in the Sequoias are
      delightful. We have arranged for a large cabin; our first dinner will
      be potluck, others provided or eat out. Meet Thursday the July 4th
      3:00 p.m. at the cabin (directions provided in confirmation flyer),
      finally leaving the mountains late Sunday morning. Complete details
      in the flyer we send to confirm your reservation. TO RESERVE: Mail
      $100 check (for cabin), and provide e-mail address and phone numbers
      for each participant. MAIL TO: Los Angeles Audubon - Field Trips,
      Attn: Susan Castor, PO Box 411301, Los Angeles CA 90041. 10 sign-ups
      max. This trip is bargain priced, so please reserve early! No small
      children or pets, please."

      Serving as the Messenger,

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California

      Cell: 760-382-1260