Mendocino Pelagic Trip

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2013
      Just returned from a pelagic trip off Ft. Bragg organized by Karen Havlena for the local Audubon group. I co-led the trip with Todd Pterodroma Easterla and Rob Fowlerope Fowler. It was a bit rough and choppy out there so not too much fun, but the highlights were a subadult Brown Booby that came right to the boat, called a bunch and joined the gull flock coming to chum for a few minutes. Soon afterward Easterla spotted a Black Tern coming up to the stern and then a Laysan Albatross swooped in for a good look. This was all before 9:30 am and we could have returned then without missing more than an afternoon Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel.

      Photos are on my website at www.sterlingbirds.com click on Photo Gallery tab, then on Recent Photos Gallery

      John Sterling
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

      26 Palm Ave