The "yellow" grosbeak

  • Walens, Stanley
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      After much discussion with other birders and review of the photograph, I rescind my i.d. of the bird as an escaped Yellow Grosbeak.
      I originally read the photo itself as being washed-out and over-exposed, explaining why the yellow wasn't prominent, and the bird as facing the camera.
      I think now that it is the bird that is washed out, and it is facing away from the camera.
      My i.d. is that this is a black-headed grosbeak.

      Stan Walens
      San Diego