Los Angeles Audubon Society monthly meeting, April 10, 2013

  • Mary & Nick Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013
      Hi Birders

      Everyone is invited to attend Los Angeles Audubon Society's monthly meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday April 10, 2013 in Debs Park (just off the 110 Pasadena Freeway) with free parking. Refreshments will be served, social hour begins 7:00pm:

      Audubon Center at Debs Park
      4700 North Griffin Ave.
      Los Angeles, CA 90031

      Cut and paste in your browser: http://ca.audubon.org/debs_directions.php

      LA Audubon Society welcomes a special visitor from Arizona. Arizona is renown for its avifauna and it's one of birder's top places to bird. I know it's mine and I average two visits per year since the '80s!

      Sheri Williamson presents: "Southeastern Arizona's Five Seasons"

      Each of southeastern Arizona's five seasons offers dramatically different experiences for birders and other nature lovers, from the colorful songbirds of spring and early summer, to the jewel-like hummingbirds and butterflies of the late summer "monsoon," to the majestic raptors, stately cranes, and skulking sparrows of fall and winter. Sheri L. Williamson grew up in Texas with a passion for wildlife, chasing lizards from the time she could toddle and taking up birding at age 10. An Arizona resident since 1988, Sheri is co-founder and director of the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory, former resident manager of The Nature Conservancy's Ramsey Canyon Preserve, and author of the Peterson Field Guide to Hummingbirds. She moonlights as a freelance writer, tour leader, artist, and jewelry maker.

      Upcoming special events requiring reservation that are filling up fast: Owens Valley Dancing Chicken Weekend with Mary Freeman, April 20-21, Field Photo Workshop with Christopher Taylor, April 27, and Owling in the Southern Sierra's Ponderosa cabin weekend get-away with Nick and Mary Freeman, July 4-7, 2013.

      As always, I hope to see y'all this night!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      Los Angeles Audubon Society and Fieldtrip Leader
      http://losangelesaudubon.org