Re: Question about White-collared Seedeater reported in San Diego area

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29 4:53 PM
      Hi Joe,

      There are several White-collared Seedeaters in the Valley, they are of the non-migrant West coast Mexican race, and are escapees from the illegal bird trade/markets in Tijuana. Also in the valley have been or still are Northern Cardinals,Black-throated Magpie Jays, Purplish, San Blas, and Green Jays.

      Doug Aguillard
      San Diego, CA
      dwaguillard@...