Cave Swallows continue

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
      Thank you to Rob Hamilton of Orange County,for finding the two needles in the haystack, as he discovered and showed tome the two Cave Swallows at the old duck club on Pound Rd. in Imperial County, early this morning.
      The 2 Caves were with many, many Tree, Barn and 2 Cliff Swallows.

      Doug Aguillard
      San Diego, CA
      dwaguillard@...
    • jacksnipe1990
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
        Hi Doug,

        You got the "Rob" part right and the "Orange County" part right, but not the last name.

        I saw two CAVE SWALLOWs this morning on Pound Rd. at the previously described location, between 7:40-8:30a Tuesday March 19, 2013. AS mentioned, the flock consists mainly of Barn Swallows, and then Tree Swallows, with at least two Cliff Swallows + the two Cave Swallows.

        There were three NEOTROPIC CORMORANTS sitting on snags in the Sea adjacent to Lack Rd. at Grubel Rd. I was able to photograph 2 of the 3. There are also about 1000 Double –crested Cormorants in the area for comparison.

        Always nice to visit the Salton Sea this time of the year. Pleasant temps and good birds. Seems you never have enough time to visit all the spots you want, though.

        Flickr links to some photos:

        Cave Swallow photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47862125@N03/8572674037/in/photostream

        Neotropic Cormorant pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47862125@N03/8572631213/in/photostream/

        2nd Neo Corm indvl: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47862125@N03/8572631901/in/photostream/