Video of Nelson's Sparrows from Moss Landing, CA

  • Siddharthan Ramachandramurthi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      Hi folks,

      From 3 PM to 3:30 PM on Saturday, March 16, 2013, I got very good looks at the previously reported pair of Nelson's Sparrows (Ammodramus nelsoni) at Moonglow Dairy in Moss Landing, CA. The time was close to the high tide.

      These two birds were together most of the time. They were mainly at the edge of the reeds, and when they did fly across the dyke to other locations, would usually come back to the reeds soon.

      In spite of the wind and the less than ideal location of the sun, I managed to get some video showing the two birds side by side:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_sDJk3dVZ8

      Do we know the genders of these two birds?
      Is there any chance of them breeding at that location?

      --Sidd Ramachandramurthi
        Sunnyvale, CA