April 27 Condor Express pelagic CANCELLED

  • David Pereksta
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 2:57 AM
      As many of you may have heard, the Condor Express suffered a fire over the weekend that gutted the wheelhouse.  The vessel will likely not be ready to return to normal operations until the end of May and potential replacement vessels they are considering for the interim will not allow us to run the type of pelagic trip we want.  As a result, the trip scheduled for April 27 has been cancelled.  The Sea Landing will be contacting all those who signed up directly regarding refunds.  We hope the Condor Express is repaired as expeditiously as possible and returns to the sea soon.  Our next scheduled pelagic birding trip on the Condor Express is on Sep 21.

      In other sad news for the Condor Express, owner Fred Benko passed away last week after a long illness.  We express our condolences to the crew and management of the Condor Express and hope they find strength and hope during this difficult time.

      Sincerely

      Dave Pereksta
      Ventura