Rusty Blackbird, Carpinteria, SBCO, 2013-02-18

  • Wim van Dam
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      [This one is just for the record and can not be chased.]

      Yesterday Monday morning Maggie Sherriffs and I found this male Rusty Blackbird in Carpinteria, Santa Barbara County:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/van_dam/8486711247/in/photostream
      Suggestions about the age of this bird are welcome.

      Unlike your usual SBCO Rusty Blackbird it was not part of a flock of Brewer's BBs at a COSTCO parking lot, but instead it was all by itself digging into pinecones to feed on seeds or insects.

      This bird is on private property and can not be chased.

      Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)