Backyard Bird Count live submission map & gulls

  • Oscar Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
      Birders,

      With the Great Backyard Bird Count wrapping up today, I thought that it would be interesting to post the eBird live submission map to this listserve. The two projects were merged this year, and right now being the peak in submissions, watching the data come in is truly incredible. As of today, there have been a grand total of 53,000 (!!!) checklists submitted worldwide. Truly astounding. Check it out: http://ebird.org/ebird/livesubs

      To make this more relevant to the listerve, Adam Searcy and I, along with many others saw the continuing gulls on the Ramona Expressway in Riverside Co, including ICELAND, GLAUCOUS, and LESSER BLACK-BACKED.

      Oscar Johnson
      Santa Barbara, CA