Maricopa Thrasher Trespassing Warning

  • Brad Schram
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
      I just received an email from a Virginia birder who had followed
      directions in "A Birder's Guide to Southern California" to Petroleum
      Club Road in Maricopa, looking for LeConte's Thrasher. He said he'd
      walked about 50 yards down a dirt road off Petroleum Club when he was
      approached by Chevron security guards who detained him for awhile in an
      extended conversation. They were reluctant to just let him apologize
      and leave, even though the area is not posted and he was in an area with
      no active wells.

      If you go to Maricopa to look for LeConte's Thrashers, please stay on
      the public roads and their immediate shoulders. It looks like Chevron
      may be ratcheting up security in the salt bush there.

      Brad Schram
      Arroyo Grande
    • Chuck & Lillian
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2013