RE: [CALBIRDS] Slaty-backed and Glaucous Gulls in Tiburon today

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
      Steve

      This does not look like the same bird that was there two days ago, photos
      below of that bird. Your bird looks bigger billed, smaller primary
      tips.although it would be easier to figure out if more than one bird is
      involved if you have more photos.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvarojaramillo/8416259610/in/photostream/

      Al

      Alvaro Jaramillo

      alvaro@...

      www.alvarosadventures.com

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
        Hi all,

        I agree with Alvaro. And I think the bird seen off San Rafael Avenue in Tiburon (or Belvedere, not sure of where town border is) the day before that Todd Easterla found may well be the same bird Steve saw based on photos posted by John Sterling here:

        http://sterlingbirds.smugmug.com/California-Birds-1/Recent-Photos/12219377_96rMk7#!i=2335661673&k=LHdTfKB

        Hopefully additional photos of the more recent bird will help us resolve this issue.

        Dan Singer