Fwd: [SDBIRDS] Curlew Sandpiper, 22 Jan. 2013

  • Matt Sadowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      I was in the area so chased the Curlew Sandpiper reported by Brennan
      Mulrooney at the N end of 7th in Imperial Beach. The tide was low so
      most shorebirds were out on the bay but there were small groups of
      Leasts, Westerns, and Dunlins foraging in the channels immediately north
      of 7th. As I was getting ready to leave (even thinking the text message
      was some glitch resending a message from last summer) the CUSA popped
      its head out from directly at the end of 7th. There is enough of a slope
      at low tide that any shorebirds on the south bank of the southern-most
      channel are not visible from the bike path.

      Photos:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/68911779@N00/

      --
      Matt Sadowski