ARCTIC LOON-Monterey Wharf

  • Batkin, Leonie F
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2013
      The Arctic Loon was present today in Monterey in the harbor area near Wharf II. We were there from 10:10am to 11:10am and the bird moved around. It started out on the North side then moved closer to the area where the boats are docked. Many birders present including friends.

      Please note there are Common and Red-throated Loons in the same area.

      Ron Thorn
      Leonie Batkin

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Peter Trueblood
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2013
        Anyone see the Arctic Loon Sunday?

        Peter.1 Rockridge Place, Oakland, CA 94618510-652-2970 (h)

      • Glen Tepke
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2013
          Yes, the Arctic Loon was present mid- to late morning, moving widely
          around the harbor, sometimes close to the west side of Municipal Wharf
          #2, sometimes closer to Wharf #1 (Fisherman's Wharf), sometimes closer
          to the end of the breakwater, often disappearing behind moored boats.

          Glen Tepke
          Oakland/Santa Cruz