Re: [CALBIRDS] Re: [NBB] Falcated Duck

  • BRUCE DEUEL
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
      The Sacramento NWR sighting was never confirmed. If the observers would
      care to submit some details to me, Mike Rogers, or John Sterling, it would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Bruce Deuel
      Red Bluff

      On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Ruth Rudesill <ruthier@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Thank you! Received many messages including folks who went out yesterday
      > and DID NOT find the Falcated Duck at Sacramento or Colusa NWR. Seems last
      > date was Dec 22nd at Colusa and the 30th at Sacramento.
      >
      > Ruth Rudesill
      > Kenwood Sonoma Co

    • Nick & Mary Freeman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
        Hi

        Check with John Sterling. He received information put together by the observers of the Sacramento NWR sighting.

        Mary Freeman
        Glendale, CA

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jan 8, 2013, at 9:15 PM, BRUCE DEUEL <bdeuel@...> wrote:

        > The Sacramento NWR sighting was never confirmed. If the observers would
        > care to submit some details to me, Mike Rogers, or John Sterling, it would
        > be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Bruce Deuel
        > Red Bluff
        >
        > On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Ruth Rudesill <ruthier@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Thank you! Received many messages including folks who went out yesterday
        >> and DID NOT find the Falcated Duck at Sacramento or Colusa NWR. Seems last
        >> date was Dec 22nd at Colusa and the 30th at Sacramento.
        >>
        >> Ruth Rudesill
        >> Kenwood Sonoma Co

      • John Sterling
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
          I received no description of the bird other than a statement that two birders saw it for 15 seconds before it disappeared behind marsh vegetation. I and others have looked at the described location since this report and have not been able to confirm the sighting. It could be valid as the area is huge and can easily hide a duck for weeks.

          John Sterling

          26 Palm Ave
          Woodland, CA 95695
          530 908-3836
          jsterling@...

          www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

          On Jan 8, 2013, at 9:57 PM, Nick & Mary Freeman <mnfreeman@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > Check with John Sterling. He received information put together by the observers of the Sacramento NWR sighting.
          >
          > Mary Freeman
          > Glendale, CA
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Jan 8, 2013, at 9:15 PM, BRUCE DEUEL bdeuel@...> wrote:
          >
          > > The Sacramento NWR sighting was never confirmed. If the observers would
          > > care to submit some details to me, Mike Rogers, or John Sterling, it would
          > > be greatly appreciated.
          > >
          > > Bruce Deuel
          > > Red Bluff
          > >
          > > On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Ruth Rudesill ruthier@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> **
          > >>

          > >> Thank you! Received many messages including folks who went out yesterday
          > >> and DID NOT find the Falcated Duck at Sacramento or Colusa NWR. Seems last
          > >> date was Dec 22nd at Colusa and the 30th at Sacramento.
          > >>
          > >> Ruth Rudesill
          > >> Kenwood Sonoma Co

        • John Sterling
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
            I just received a good description of the Falcated Duck seen at Sacramento NWR.