Modoc

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2013
      After spending three hours this morning in susanville, not refinding Bohemian waxwings or seeing anything better than purple finch, Todd Easterla and I heading to Modoc County. We looked for and missed the flock of redpolls along hwy 395 that were seen yesterday. A northern shrike (one of four seen today) undoubtedly kept the redpolls away. We looked in Alturas where Todd found a female redpoll at the west end of Bond St. On the west side of town. It came to a feeder at a house across the street from the end of Bond. We got a call from the Terrells who told us of the Trumpeter Swans at the Pit River bridge on Hwy 395. We found 11 there at dusk.

      Hoping for rosy finches and more tomorrow

      John

      Sent from my iPad

      John Sterling
      530 908-3836
      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2013
        Meant to write the Terrills, as in Scott and Linda

        Sent from my iPad

        John Sterling
        530 908-3836
        26 Palm Ave