Bohemian Waxwing in Susanville

  • turdus.obscurus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      Following John Sterling's lead of four Bohemian Waxwings in Susanville yesterday we spent a great deal of time looking for them today. On our way out of town we stopped for one more check of the most promising flock (that we had visited at length three times already) and finally had a beautiful Bohemian sitting up in a bare tree in the sun! The flock of Am. Robins, waxwings and starlings is working a large Juniper tree in the back corner of the parking lot at St. Paul's Lutheran Church at the corner of First Street and Main (Hwy. 139).

      Good birding!
      Linda and Scott Terrill
      Los Gatos