RE: [CALBIRDS] Birding List Digest (Sialia) and eBird

  • Kimball Garrett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013
      While on this subject, might I register my disappointment that the San Diego list serve, covering one of the most active and bird-rich areas in California, is still not covered on the ABA website -- apparently due to issues the SD listowner has with the ABA. Would it be too much to ask that such issues be set aside and the SD listserve archives be shared on the ABA site?

      Kimball L. Garrett
      Ornithology Collections Manager
      900 Exposition Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90007 USA
      213-763-3368
      kgarrett@...
      http://www.nhm.org/site/research-collections/ornithology

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013
        A plug must go to Christopher Taylor for his "Recent Rare Bird Sightings"
        tool that combines listserve reports as well as eBird entries. This
        includes a search function so you can locate every Falcated Duck post (or
        whatever you're looking for) in one fell swoop whenever it had been posted
        in any county, state or within the ABA area. While Sialia.com is great for
        archiving all the listserver messages, Chris's tool will give you all the
        specific birds. There is a user login required but it is free to use. It's
        an awesome resource.

        http://kiwifoto.com/rba/

        Jamie Chavez
        Santa Maria, CA