Re: [CALBIRDS] FYI: No Falcated Duck since December 19, 2012

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30 9:16 PM
      Wim,
      Thanks for letting us all know. I had assumed that it was still there.

      Now the question remains: where is it now?

      John

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695
      530 908-3836
      jsterling@...

      www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

      On Dec 30, 2012, at 9:12 PM, Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam@...> wrote:

      > Just so you know: I just got an irate call from a fellow birder who
      > had driven from Santa Barbara County to Colusa NWR, only to discover
      > there that the Falcated Duck has not been seen there since December
      > 19. Obviously this is the kind of information that one would expect to
      > be shared on CALBIRDS.
      >
      > Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)

    • NIKKI
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30 9:50 PM
        The Sac Refuge has been posting updates on their Facebook page.  Not daily but they did post yesterday and today it has not been seen
        nikki
        Redding

        ________________________________

        http://www.sterlingbirds.com/ (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

        On Dec 30, 2012, at 9:12 PM, Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam@...> wrote:

        > Just so you know: I just got an irate call from a fellow birder who
        > had driven from Santa Barbara County to Colusa NWR, only to discover
        > there that the Falcated Duck has not been seen there since December
        > 19. Obviously this is the kind of information that one would expect to
        > be shared on CALBIRDS.
        >
        > Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ed Stonick
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31 2:31 AM
          Hi all (and have a great birding year in 2013!)

          Irate caller should have done his (her) homework (IMHO). CALBIRDS is not responsible for one's missing a previously reported rarity! Besides, Colusa is a lovely place, loaded with birds and well worth a visit this time of year!

          Regards (and Happy New Year!)

          Ed

          Ed Stonick
          Pasadena, CA