FYI: No Falcated Duck since December 19, 2012

  • Wim van Dam
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
      Just so you know: I just got an irate call from a fellow birder who
      had driven from Santa Barbara County to Colusa NWR, only to discover
      there that the Falcated Duck has not been seen there since December
      19. Obviously this is the kind of information that one would expect to
      be shared on CALBIRDS.

      Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
        Wim,
        Thanks for letting us all know. I had assumed that it was still there.

        Now the question remains: where is it now?

        John

        John Sterling

        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695
        530 908-3836
        jsterling@...

        www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

        On Dec 30, 2012, at 9:12 PM, Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam@...> wrote:

        > Just so you know: I just got an irate call from a fellow birder who
        > had driven from Santa Barbara County to Colusa NWR, only to discover
        > there that the Falcated Duck has not been seen there since December
        > 19. Obviously this is the kind of information that one would expect to
        > be shared on CALBIRDS.
        >
        > Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)

      • NIKKI
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
          The Sac Refuge has been posting updates on their Facebook page.  Not daily but they did post yesterday and today it has not been seen
          nikki
          Redding

          ________________________________

          http://www.sterlingbirds.com/ (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

          On Dec 30, 2012, at 9:12 PM, Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam@...> wrote:

          > Just so you know: I just got an irate call from a fellow birder who
          > had driven from Santa Barbara County to Colusa NWR, only to discover
          > there that the Falcated Duck has not been seen there since December
          > 19. Obviously this is the kind of information that one would expect to
          > be shared on CALBIRDS.
          >
          > Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ed Stonick
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2012
            Hi all (and have a great birding year in 2013!)

            Irate caller should have done his (her) homework (IMHO). CALBIRDS is not responsible for one's missing a previously reported rarity! Besides, Colusa is a lovely place, loaded with birds and well worth a visit this time of year!

            Regards (and Happy New Year!)

            Ed

            Ed Stonick
            Pasadena, CA