Re: Gray Hawk

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2012
      Raven are rare but regular in the Carpinteria Valley itself, usually only seen while flying high over the valley. They become regular ounce you get off the valley floor and into the foothills (just over a mile from Santa Clause Lane). On the Carpinteria Bluffs in eastern Carpiteria a pair of Raven is regular year round. But yes, the birds mobbing the Gray Hawk were most likely Crow. Although I have heard a few people mention Raven mobbing this hawk.

      Eric Culbertson
      Carpinteria

    • odenbaughtina@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 26, 2012
        Although I have seen Common Ravens in Carpenteria, in this case
        they were crows and not ravens. Just a typo, that's all. Thanks for catching it.

        Tina Odenbaugh
        Sequoia National Park