Common Redpolls

  • Guy McCaskie
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2012
      Interested birders,

      I received this forwarded email from Alan Contreras of Eugene, Oregon:

      From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@...>
      Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:22:36 -0800
      To: OBOL <obol@...>
      Subject: [OBOL] Klamath Co. - COMMON REDPOLLS

      Actually, the 5 COMMON REDPOLLS that I saw feeding with LESSER GOLDFINCHES
      were along Stateline Rd on the California side, unfortunately. They were
      just off Stateline Rd on the Lower Klamath Auto Tour Route very near a
      historic Bald Eagle nest site.

      https://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.986419,-121.763674

      While searching on the Oregon side along the Klamath Straits Drain
      Embankment Rd., a LAPLAND LONGSPUR flew over calling. Nothing else unusual
      was seen.

      I tried unsuccessfully to refind the Bohemian Waxwings at the Running Y
      Ranch, or waxwings of any kind for that manner.

      Good Birding,

      Russ Namitz

      currenting residing in Medford, OR

      Guy McCaskie