Re: [CALBIRDS] More on Rich Stallcup

  • Bob Toleno
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2012
      On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Joan Lentz <joanlentz@...> wrote:

      > Please bear with me. I think Calbirds has been wonderfully
      > patient with those of us who knew Rich and just had to get our "stories"
      > out there right away. I'm sure there will be a website somewhere later on,
      > but I wanted you to hear this. And if someone knows how to relay these
      > messages to Rich's family, I hope they will do so.

      Hi Joan,

      PRBO has created a memorial page for Rich. If you want to make sure his
      family sees your memory of him, it seems best to share it there:

      http://data.prbo.org/tools/guestbook/RichStallcup.html

      These bird lists seem like a fine place to share stories about Rich, also,
      though. It's a very sad time for California birders and naturalists, and
      I've been deeply touched to see all of the the stories about him posted on
      the various California listservs that I subscribe to, especially the posts
      where people dedicate bird sightings to him. I know that the next
      Rough-legged Hawk I see will be dedicated to Rich, who showed me my lifer
      (and only) Rough-leg when I was just a fledgling birder in 2007.

      He really does live on in all of us.

      Bob Toleno
      San Francisco