Re: [CALBIRDS] RFI: Falcated Duck

  • Nancy Howard
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
      Regarding the Falcated Duck sightings...
      I remember the excitement last season when one such duck was sighted.
      My questions are::
      Is this the same duck?
      Did it hang around for the summer or has it flown back from another location?

      As I remember, last season's Falcated Duck was not banded.
      I assume no bands have been observed on this one.
      Just wondering,
      Nancy
      Studio City CA

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
        I was told they suspect this the same bird but they don't know for sure.  I am not sure if markings are unique enough to compare photos of last years bird to this years.  No it is not banded.
        Nicole
        Redding, CA