Re: [CALBIRDS] RFI: Falcated Duck

  • Naturestoc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
      Here's a report from 12-19-12 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S12320880

      Dan Brown,
      Sacramento

      www.naturestoc.smugmug.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: enoluvr <enoluvr@...>
      To: CALBIRDS <CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, Dec 19, 2012 9:35 am
      Subject: [CALBIRDS] RFI: Falcated Duck

      I was wondering if anyone has gone for the Falcated Duck in the past 10 days or so. The last posting was on December 9th. Anything more recent. Thanks in advance,

      Gary Edelman
      Santa Clarita, CA

    • Nancy Howard
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
        Regarding the Falcated Duck sightings...
        I remember the excitement last season when one such duck was sighted.
        My questions are::
        Is this the same duck?
        Did it hang around for the summer or has it flown back from another location?

        As I remember, last season's Falcated Duck was not banded.
        I assume no bands have been observed on this one.
        Just wondering,
        Nancy
        Studio City CA

        I was wondering if anyone has gone for the Falcated Duck in the past 10 days or so. The last posting was on December 9th. Anything more recent. Thanks in advance,

        Gary Edelman
        Santa Clarita, CA

      • NIKKI
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
          I was told they suspect this the same bird but they don't know for sure.  I am not sure if markings are unique enough to compare photos of last years bird to this years.  No it is not banded.
          Nicole
          Redding, CA