Great-winged Petrel - La Jolla Cove, San Diego County

  • Gary Nunn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2012
      Just when I was thinking that storm-driven birds at La Jolla Cove were more
      quantity than quality along came this mega! It flew in several times over
      the close-to-shore kelp bed before heading off southwards. I was
      seawatching at the time but it was sheer luck that I noticed it by naked
      eye while talking to a visiting tourist from Minnesota! I pointed the
      Canon 7D at it faster than you can believe.

      http://bit.ly/SanBird

      --
      Gary Nunn,
      Pacific Beach