Gray Hawk continues Wednesday afternoon

  • Dave Quady
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      Birders:

      Having arrived shortly after the Talleys (who posted to SBCoBirds) and David Tomb saw the Gray Hawk in Carpenteria at about 9:00 am this morning, I continued to search . . . At about 1:30 pm the bird was spotted directly across Santa Claus Lane from "Salt," perched on a chain-link fence post just east of a cypress that I gather it's previously used as a perch. In the 10-15 minutes I watched it, it hunted the vegetation strip between the freeway and Santa Claus Lane, and twice flew eastward over the vegetation strip. When I left it was perched in a cypress across the street from the Padaro Beach Grill (which makes a fine burger), still hunting.

      Dave Quady
      Berkeley, California
      davequady@...