Re: [LACoBirds] Re: White Wagtail (more documentation)

  • LGREUK400@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
      Apologies if I have missed all of the discussion on this bird but the
      extensive yellow at the base of the lower mandible is not a feature I have
      noticed on first-winter White Wagtails before, certainly not those that occur
      regularly in West and NW Europe. Intriguing

      Superb photos Christopher

      Best wishes

      Lee Evans

    • Dany Sloan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
        The White Wagtails I've seen in Europe look a bit different from the one at Cabrillo Beach, but if a subspecies can be determined, I'm guessing that this one would differ from the Euro birds.

        Cheers
        Dany Sloan
        LA, CA