Rufous-backed Robin

  • borodayko2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
      Greetings,

      I was in Michigan when the Rufous-backed Robin reports started appearing in the bird reports. I wondered if it would still be there when I got home. Sure enough, I went out on Tue 27 Nov and found it in the front yard of the house in the trailer compound as others have reported. As can be seen, it has it's tail back. I shoot slides so it takes time before I get my results. I posted photos in the "Thrushes" folder and can be viewed temporarily in the "New" phots folder.

      Enjoy, Al Borodayko
      Cypress, CA
    • reillyfram
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 19, 2016

        I went to Chiriaco this morning and skulked around the perimeter of the trailer park.

        Hand-holding my scope I saw the robin hopping around on the lawn, acting like a

        robin of all things!  It certainly didn't look very rufous though.  The flanks looked more

        yellowish in the morning light and I couldn't see but some yellowish tint on the back.

        Is that the way it looked to you?

        Reilly Moss
        Monrovia