Re: [sbcobirding] Gray Hawk

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
      The Gray Hawk was still present Monday 3 December between 1pm and 1:30pm in
      the Eucalyptus behind the Padaro Beach Grill on Santa Claus Lane.

      Photos at...

      http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/GrayHawkP1050607.htm

      It also hunted briefly from the small park just west of the restaurant.

      Earlier it had been seen across the freeway near the Seaside Gardens on Via
      Real.

      On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:49:35 -0800, Glenn Kincaid <glenn@...> wrote:

      >I ran into a couple of fellows from San Francisco this morning at Bella
      >Vista Open Space, where we found the GRACE'S WARBLER. They had driven
      >down to see the Gray Hawk, and they had been successful. I would guess
      >they would have seen it between 8 and 9 AM.
      >
      >Glenn Kincaid
      >San Marcos Pass
      >
      >On 12/3/2012 5:26 PM, Michael D. Stiles wrote:
      >>
      >> I haven't seen any reports of the hawk today, and no negative reports.
      >> Anyone know the status of that bird today?
      >>
      >> Mike Stiles
      >> Los Osos

      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
      "It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt
    • Linda LeRoy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
        Watching the Gray Hawk from the beach, perched more than an hour on light post at the 'Salt' bldg. 9am Tues 12/4.
        Lina LeRoy
        Al Moreno
        Downey Ca