Re: [CALBIRDS] Anyone out there looking for Mottled Petrels?

  • Don Roberson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
      FWIW, the lone Mottled Petrel seen from shore in Monterey Co. was at Pt. Pinos in early Dec. See
      http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/MTYsitesPtPinos2.html
      (bird #3) for details. So this is actually a pretty good idea . . .

      Don Roberson
      Pacific Grove CA
    • Nick & Mary Freeman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
        Hi Birders

        At 1:15pm, Nick and I came across the immature GRAY HAWK as it was perched on the purple clothing store shack "Salt" roof located on the west side of 101 in Carpinteria, CA at the Santa Claus Lane exit. It seems to hunt along the Amtrak train tracks since we've arrived. It's not raining at this moment. Great early birthday CA state bird present!

        We just spoke with a birder and said the hawk was just on the inland side across the 101 from here! Ooh, it's here again!

        Happy CBCs!

        Mary Freeman
        Glendale, CA

        Sent from my iPhone