Gray Hawk photos, details 11/28

  • Thomasabenson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      The juvenile Gray Hawk was seen again this morning in Carpinteria on Santa Claus Lane. It was initially found perched at 7:20 AM in some tall slender cypresses between the railroad tracks and the Taj Mahal complex behind the Reed Floors store along Santa Claus Lane. After 5-10 minutes it was flushed by a passing train and flew down to the large cypress above the rubble pile between Santa Claus Lane and the 101 freeway where it stayed until it flew off about 8:15 AM. I have posted some photos from the latter location this morning on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928097@N07/.

      Tom Benson
      San Bernardino, CA