USFWS seeking info on Ashy Storm-Petrels

  • Gjon_Hazard@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      FYI - the US Fish and Wildlife Service is soliciting information on Ashy
      Storm-Petrels. The full Notice is available at http://www.regulations.gov
      under the docket number FWS–R8–ES–2012–0075.

      Read the Notice and if you believe you have information to contribute, I
      encourage you to submit it via the commenting process.

      ===

      Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Status Review for a Petition
      To List the Ashy Storm-Petrel as Endangered or Threatened

      AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.

      ACTION: Notice; initiation of status review and solicitation of new
      information.

      SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce the
      opening of an information collection period regarding the status of the
      ashy storm-petrel (Oceanodroma homochroa) throughout its range in the
      United States. The status review will include analysis of whether the ashy
      storm-petrel may be an endangered or threatened species due to threats in
      any significant portion of the range of the ashy storm-petrel. Through this
      action, we encourage all interested parties to provide us information
      regarding the status of, and any potential threats to, the ashy
      storm-petrel throughout its range, or any significant portion of its range.

      DATES: To be fully considered for the status review, comments must be
      submitted on or before December 28, 2012.

      ADDRESSES: You may submit comments by one of the following methods: (1)
      Electronically: Go to the Federal eRulemaking Portal:
      http://www.regulations.gov Search for Docket No. FWS–R8–ES–2012–0075,
      which is the docket number for this rulemaking.

      ===

      I am not working on this project and do not have any more info than what is
      presented in the Notice. I -- personally -- am submitting this email to
      the Calbirds group because I believe many of you may find it of interest
      and some of you may have information to provide; this email is not an
      official USFWS communique.

      Sincerely,
      -Gjon

      * * *