Re: [sbcobirding] Re: Gray Hawk at 1:35 pm/ don't spook it

  • Dave Compton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2012
      I'd like to echo these sentiments by Ron Hirst about the Gray Hawk. I've heard several reports about people walking right toward this bird when it appears. I know this is all really exciting and people want to get photos of the bird. But let's not chase it away and ruin it for those who haven't had a chance to see it (like me!).

      If you think of how skittish raptors can be when you pull up in a car to have a look at them sitting on a pole by the road, it shouldn't be hard to imagine how easily a bunch of birders could spook a bird like this. So, please, show some consideration for your fellow birders AND the bird.

      Dave Compton
      Santa Barbara