Can Someone Help me ID this please?

  • Dmitri Baryshnikov
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2012
      Sorry to be noob but does anyone know what species this is? I was able to grab an Image of it:

      http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/322/1/1/untitled_by_profingerboarder-d5lftsd.jpg

      The closest I would guess would be a Little Blue Heron but the Bolsa Chica Wetland preserve doesn't seem to be covered by this bird on the allaboutbirds page.
    • Judy Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2012
        On Nov 17, 2012, at 9:25 PM, "Dmitri Baryshnikov" <krni.normandy@...> wrote:

        >The closest I would guess would be a >Little Blue Heron but the Bolsa Chica >Wetland preserve doesn't seem to be >covered by this bird on the >allaboutbirds.

        Looks like a reddish egret. These are often found at BC.

        Judy Johnson
        Fresno, CA