"Atlantic Brant" in San Diego County - 10 Nov 2012

  • Gary Nunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012
      I like rare waterfowl and thought this might be of interest to California
      wide birders. While seawatching in the storm on Saturday 10 Nov 2012 at La
      Jolla Cove I noticed a lone rather pale Brant making a wide flight circle
      over the ocean into La Jolla Cove. It veered around south and then flew
      right back over the large group of assembled birders huddled behind the
      Bridge Club at the point there.

      I obtained some pretty nice photographs which can be found on my blog at
      http://bit.ly/SanBird

      This distinctive form of Brant would seem to be very rare in California.

      --
      Gary Nunn,
      Pacific Beach