Re American White Pelican Tags

  • jtajax
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2012
      Regarding tagged American White Pelicans.

      I photographed a tagged an AWPe in Chico on the 10th of September of
      this year. After a little tracing, I contacted a biologist at the
      Minidoka NWR in Idaho. The biologist stated that they had tagged 300
      juvenile American White Pelicans on July 18th of this year. She
      further stated that "their birds" usually end up spending the winter
      in southern California.
      If anyone is interested in contacting individuals responsible for
      either tagging or receiving observed/retrieved AWPe tags, you may
      contact me off-line.

      jt lewis
      Chico, Ca
      jtajax@...