Trip Reports: Oct 26 & 28

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      Hello, Birders,

      A bit late, but I have published trip reports for Shearwater Journeys's trips on:
      OCTOBER 26 from Bodega Bay, covering Sonoma and Marin Counties:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/10/trip-report-october-26-2012-bodega.html
      OCTOBER 28 from Half Moon Bay, covering San Mateo and San Francisco Counties:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/11/trip-report-october-28-2012-half-moon.html

      Highlights were many, including seven species of shearwaters on October 26th, and possibly the third record of MANX SHEARWATER for Sonoma County. Five late, LONG-TAILED JAEGERS were a surprise. Great views of SOUTH POLAR SKUA and BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATERS on the October 28 trip from Half Moon Bay.

      Jackie Sones' images from the October 26 trip:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/11/manx-shearwater-october-26-2012-bodega.html
      And, Sophie Webb's images from the October 28 trip:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/11/images-of-day-by-sophie-webb-october-28.html

      Shearwater Journeys's last pelagic trip of the year is scheduled for November 20th, departing from Half Moon Bay with Todd McGrath, Steve Tucker and Debi Shearwater leading, and Ross Schaefer as chum mate. This is a good time to see arriving winter seabirds. Of course, we always hope for that "mega."

      See you out there,
      Debi Shearwater

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      Birding Down Under: SubAntarctic Islands, November 10 - 28, 2014 with Debi
      One of the World's Ultimate Pelagic Voyages