Field Sparrow at Pt. Reyes

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2012
      Keith Hansen called me and asked me to report on the Field Sparrow that his field trip found today at the Nunez Ranch on Pt. Reyes. It was in a small grassy spot in the courtyard of one of the houses, viewable only from behind the barbed wire fence from the cypress trees--don't cross the fence and disturb the residences. First Marin County record!

      The bird flew several times towards the Road Forks Pool area, but always returned to it favored spot.

      good luck

      John

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave