Brown pelican at Eagle Lake, Lassen Co.

  • Kenneth Able
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      Lew Oring and I had a juv. brown pelican hanging out with a small group of
      white pelicans at the Gallatin Marina at the southern end of Eagle Lake.
      This is the second record for Lassen Co., the first at exactly the same
      spot (8 Oct. 2007).

      Other birds of interest were: two female/imm. black scoters in the
      southernmost bay of Eagle Lake, between the marina and the Merrill
      Campground on the west shore of the lake (by far, the rarest of the three
      scoter species on the lake); an adult northern shrike on the wire along the
      west shore of Eagle Lake (route A1 just north of the turn-off to Spaulding).

      Ken Able
      McArthur, CA