Monterey Bay Trip Reports Oct 14 & Sep 28

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2012
      Hello, Seabirders,

      Two new trip reports for October 14 and September 28, 2012, both from Monterey Bay with Shearwater Journeys at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/10/trip-report-october-14-2012-monterey-bay.html

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/10/trip-report-september-28-2012-monterey.html

      Highlights included FLESH-FOOTED SHEARWATERS and an influx of 2000+ BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATERS, the later possibly presaging a forecasted 2012-13 El Nino event. Humboldt squid also appeared nearshore. Many of the seabirds were feeding on market squid that was being driven to the surface by the voracious, predatory Humboldt squid� a feast for the birds!

      Spaces are still available on our three remaining fall trips:
      October 26 departing from Bodega Bay with Peter Pyle, Lisa Hug and Debi Shearwater
      October 28 departing from Half Moon Bay with Jennifer Green and Debi Shearwater
      November 20 departing from Half Moon Bay with Todd McGrath and Debi Shearwater

      Our hope is to get offshore, and try for Mottled or Cook's Petrels. The weather will, of course, dictate where we can journey.

      See you out there,
      Debi

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      Birding Down Under: SubAntarctic Islands, November 10 - 28, 2014 with Debi