Yellow-bellied Flycatcher photo (grab shot only)

  • Monte
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2012
      Here's a photo of the flycatcher. Todd Easterla showed me some much better ones so expect we'll see them later but for now.........

      http://www.tsuru-bird.net/a_species/flycatcher_yellow-bellied (last image)

      Monte Taylor
      Orange County, CA
    • David Bell
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012
        Below are some photos I took this morning of the empid(s) at HBCP for discussion.
        Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27774764@N06/sets/72157631786133857/with/8094889043/

        Here is a second series of images was taken an 30 minutes later and may show a different bird. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27774764@N06/sets/72157631786143645/with/8094897322/

        At least one of the birds present was a "Western" Flycatcher based on call. The birds above did not call while I was getting my photos.

        David Bell
        Pasadena, CA

      • Thomasabenson@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012
          I have posted some additional photos of the Huntington Central Park Yellow-bellied Flycatcher from this afternoon (16 Oct) from between 12:30 and 1:30 pm, when the bird was seen on and off by several observers.

          Tom Benson
          San Bernardino, CA

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928097@N07/

          Below are some photos I took this morning of the empid(s) at HBCP for
          discussion.
          Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27774764@N06/sets/72157631786133857/with/8094889043/

          Here is a second series of images was taken an 30 minutes later and may show a
          different bird. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27774764@N06/sets/72157631786143645/with/8094897322/

          At least one of the birds present was a "Western" Flycatcher based on call. The
          birds above did not call while I was getting my photos.

          David Bell
          Pasadena, CA

          ------------------------------------

          Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own
          risk. Please consult the standard reference books for proper bird identification
          & currently accepted names. Please do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in lieu
          of names. Both scientific and/or common names of birds are acceptable.

          All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California
          (nowhere else!). Your posts must include both a clear subject line *and* your
          name *and your city of residence*. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the
          sender put on moderated status. Repeat offenders will be banned.

          To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives
          at:

          Yahoo! Groups Links