Big Sur Birds

  • Ed Stonick
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2012
      Greetings!

      I spent an hour or so yesterday afternoon on Highway 1 about 30 miles south of Carmel and just north of the coastal A-frame home where California Condors are often seen. We had 2-3 of these magnificent birds soaring overhead as well as a half dozen Turkey Vultures, a pair of Ravens, 2 Peregrines, a Kestrel, and 1 or possibly 2 Sharp-shinned Hawks as well as a single Red-tail. There were also dozens if not hundreds of Tree Swallows high in the sky.

      Ed Stonick
      Pasadena, CA

      Regards,
      Ed