Shearwater Recall

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2012
      Howdy, Birders,

      After serious consideration, we are "recalling" the previously reported Wedge-tailed Shearwater. We felt that the views were not good enough, the lighting was tough and ruling out any leucistic shearwaters would be improbable. Better to err on the side of a good, solid ID, rather than not.

      We can keep on looking, though! Loads of warm water around, often close to shore´┐Ż so, the possibility of a rare seabird remains.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      Birding Down Under: SubAntarctic Islands, November 10 - 28, 2014 with Debi