Oct 13th Pelagic out of Humboldt *ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT*

  • Tony Kurz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      Hey everyone,

      Better act fast because the up-coming Godwit Days Fall Festival Pelagic on October 13th only has 7 spots left!

      The trip should be great. We have already had a couple of outing's this fall and bird numbers have been up. Both Pelagics we have had already had 2 LAYSAN ALBATROSS (and of course good numbers of BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSS), lots and lots of JAEGER'S all 3 species, two different boats actually had 2 seperate TUFFED PUFFIN's sightings. As far as shearwaters go the PINK-FOOTED's have been out-numbering the SOTTY'S, but BULLER's numbers have been up. The waters off of Humboldt have always been good for FLESH-FOOTED SHEARWATER so we can always keep an eye out for this pink-billed-beauty. With the season changing into late fall there is definitly the chance for a real speacilty.

      Meeting Location:
      Woodley Island in Eureka at 6:30am-3:30pm

      Trip Leaders include: Daryl Coldren and Tony Kurz.

      If interested please visit www.godwitdays.org and then click the Special Events tab to view deatils on trips.

      Hopefully weather will be nice for a great Humboldt Pelagic!

      Good Birding everyone :)

      Tony Kurz