Common Cuckoo map

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2012
      Was still being seen at 3pm. Here is a Google Map for out of the area
      birders:
      http://goo.gl/maps/LQpq0

      Roger that
      Soquel
    • Michael Feighner
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012
        The Common Cuckoo spent much of its time today in Ramsey Park in
        Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, north of the Nature Center and south of the
        soccer field in the northern portion of Ramsey Park, a different location
        from where the bird was first reported on Friday, September 25th.

        http://tinyurl.com/9edsl88

        Winston Churchill:  "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the
        right direction."
        --
        Michael Feighner
        Livermore, CA, Alameda County

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012
          I've created a new map of where the cuckoo spent its time on Saturday afternoon from 2-4pm. It's at

          http://goo.gl/maps/W6ZSA

          For a time it was scolded by chickadees and bushtits, revealing its location. Every time it spread its wings and hopped a foot, the bushtits would all do their titittititititititi (oh no an accipiter!) thing. After 30 min or so, though, they all begged off and left it alone.

          Steve Hampton
          Davis, CA

          --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Feighner" <feinerVogel94551@...> wrote:

          > The Common Cuckoo spent much of its time today in Ramsey Park in
          > Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, north of the Nature Center and south of the
          > soccer field in the northern portion of Ramsey Park, a different location
          > from where the bird was first reported on Friday, September 25th.
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/9edsl88
          >

          > Winston Churchill:  "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the
          > right direction."
          > --
          > Michael Feighner
          > Livermore, CA, Alameda County
          > http://cmbestpractices.com/
          > http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelfeighner%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0

        • dinuk magammana
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012
            Hello Birders,

            Here are some photos that was taken today. The bird is shy, but it did gave us some time to photograph it from time to time. And Like�Steve�mentioned�chickadees and bushtits were very helpful in locating the bird!

            After�multiple�tries only few pictures came out ok.�

            (out in the open, front view)

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/nature_and_animals/8038335694/in/photostream

            (inside�vegetation, front view)

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/nature_and_animals/8038316965/in/photostream/

            Good luck tomorrow! �

            Dinuk Magammana
            Torrance, Los angles, CA.�

            ________________________________
            I've created a new map of where the cuckoo spent its time on Saturday afternoon from 2-4pm. It's at

            http://goo.gl/maps/W6ZSA

            For a time it was scolded by chickadees and bushtits, revealing its location. Every time it spread its wings and hopped a foot, the bushtits would all do their titittititititititi (oh no an accipiter!) thing. After 30 min or so, though, they all begged off and left it alone.

            Steve Hampton
            Davis, CA

            --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Feighner" <feinerVogel94551@...> wrote:

            > The Common Cuckoo spent much of its time today in Ramsey Park in
            > Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, north of the Nature Center and south of the
            > soccer field in the northern portion of Ramsey Park, a different location
            > from where the bird was first reported on Friday, September 25th.
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/9edsl88
            >

            > Winston Churchill:  "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the
            > right direction."
            > --
            > Michael Feighner
            > Livermore, CA, Alameda County
            > http://cmbestpractices.com/
            > http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelfeighner%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0

          • Tiwari, Vivek
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012
              The Cuckoo is being seen right now by 30+ birders!
              East of the soccer field in trees by the slough.

              Vivek Tiwari

              I've created a new map of where the cuckoo spent its time on Saturday afternoon from 2-4pm. It's at

              http://goo.gl/maps/W6ZSA

              For a time it was scolded by chickadees and bushtits, revealing its location. Every time it spread its wings and hopped a foot, the bushtits would all do their titittititititititi (oh no an accipiter!) thing. After 30 min or so, though, they all begged off and left it alone.

              Steve Hampton
              Davis, CA

              --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Feighner" <feinerVogel94551@...> wrote:

              > The Common Cuckoo spent much of its time today in Ramsey Park in
              > Watsonville, Santa Cruz County, north of the Nature Center and south of the
              > soccer field in the northern portion of Ramsey Park, a different location
              > from where the bird was first reported on Friday, September 25th.
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/9edsl88
              >

              > Winston Churchill:  "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the
              > right direction."
              > --
              > Michael Feighner
              > Livermore, CA, Alameda County