SMBAS announces L.A. County Bird-finding page

  • Chuck & Lillian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2012
      CalBirders:

      I find myself answering a lot of RFI's from birders who want to know about birding in Los Angeles.
      Very often they have only a short time for LA area birding while they are visiting or passing through.

      Santa Monica Bay Audubon Society now has a page we hope will be especially useful to all visitors and new birders.
      http://smbasblog.wordpress.com/l-a-birding/

      This page includes links to all the SoCal Audubon chapters, with additional direct links to their bird-finding page (if any). It's also loaded with maps. I hope you all take a look at it.

      I also encourage other Audubon Chapter webmasters to link to this page. (It may already be linked to your pages, so you'd be returning the favor.)

      It includes:
      1. At LAX Airport with only a few hours to a day for birding? (8 nearby spots recommended)
      2. Santa Cruz Island for the Island Scrub-Jay
      3. Finding Parrots & Parakeets (15 spots)
      4. More Los Angeles County Information useful to birders: guide books; Email bird chat lines; Audubon chapter web sites; Links to maps, Lists or Audubon chapters of nearby counties; Weather & seasons; Driving tips; Pedestrian tips; Food tips.
      5. Over 80 L.A. County birding locations organized into 6 areas, including Google maps and detailed directions people can copy and print.

      Suggestions and comments are welcome.
      Chuck Almdale
      North Hills, Ca.