SMBAS announces L.A. County Bird-finding page
I find myself answering a lot of RFI's from birders who want to know about birding in Los Angeles.
Very often they have only a short time for LA area birding while they are visiting or passing through.
Santa Monica Bay Audubon Society now has a page we hope will be especially useful to all visitors and new birders.
This page includes links to all the SoCal Audubon chapters, with additional direct links to their bird-finding page (if any). It's also loaded with maps. I hope you all take a look at it.
I also encourage other Audubon Chapter webmasters to link to this page. (It may already be linked to your pages, so you'd be returning the favor.)
1. At LAX Airport with only a few hours to a day for birding? (8 nearby spots recommended)
2. Santa Cruz Island for the Island Scrub-Jay
3. Finding Parrots & Parakeets (15 spots)
4. More Los Angeles County Information useful to birders: guide books; Email bird chat lines; Audubon chapter web sites; Links to maps, Lists or Audubon chapters of nearby counties; Weather & seasons; Driving tips; Pedestrian tips; Food tips.
5. Over 80 L.A. County birding locations organized into 6 areas, including Google maps and detailed directions people can copy and print.
Suggestions and comments are welcome.
North Hills, Ca.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]