RE: [CALBIRDS] Louisiana Waterthrush still there

  • Steve & Priscilla Summers
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
      The Louisiana Waterthrush was seen briefly at 11:45 am between the 17th and
      18th holes. When I arrived Jim Lomax and David Blue had already detected the
      bird earlier but it took another hour of Jim and I sitting patiently for the
      bird to turn up again. David had also seen a Northern Waterthrush with the
      Louisiana. When the Louisiana Waterthrush flew off to the east both Jim and
      I saw another waterthrush follow it which we assumed was the Northern. The
      Louisiana Waterthrush seems to be best located by its call which we heard
      well and could compare to recordings of both species I had on my phone.

      Steve Summers
      Porterville CA